Lateral Loads Calculator Program
Ogren Engineering offers a program where home designers and architects can use our software to do the lateral calculations for their one and two family dwelling projects.
This is now a fully developed program and you can find out more at ShearwallPro.com.
For projects located in states where we are licensed, home designers and architects can apply to join our Lateral Calculator Program where you will receive a copy of our software (currently written in Excel) that will allow you to perform a lateral design for your building, then email the document to Ogren Engineering for review and we will send back stamped lateral calculations package for your project. This works similarly to how wood trusses are designed and engineered, where an employee at a lumber yard does the design work using the truss plate manufacturer's software, then the lumber yard receives back a stamped set of calculations for the trusses they design for your project.
Advantages and Benefits to Using Ogren Engineering Lateral Calculator Program
There are several advantages for a home designers and architects to use the Lateral Loads Calculator by Ogren Engineering.
- You will know what the engineer will require for shearwalls and holdowns because YOU will be doing the design.
- You can keep your workflow going while you are designing your project and not have to get back into it to make modifications based on what comes back from the engineer.
- You can play around with "what-if" scenarios to figure out what the best design is for your project.
- No more guessing if your project will be approved under the "Prescriptive Path". You are providing engineering and won't have to deal with delays because the plan reviewer asks for engineering. This will save your clients time and money.
- You will have an advantage over your competition because you will provide a better designed structure.